Thursday, April 9, 2009

Recurring Urinary Tract Infection

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Medical Care:
Ang Pagtatalik ba ang Dahilan ng Infection na Ito?

Question: Sandra, (Manila) April 8, 2009


This is Sandra. I have pseudomonas in my urine 1 month ago; i need to do again my sensitivity test but i dont have money to support. My lung is in infection, the doctor said, also my e.c.g. is abnormal (with) primary t-wave abnormality, abnormal qrs-t angle. Considering primary t wave abnormality, I got pain in my chest sometimes (when it) appears.

Before I have CITROBACTER 105,000 CFU/ML sensitive to tobramycin, cefotaxime the rest i took already. NOW it IS PSEUDOMONAS, sensitive to ceftazidinc 30 ug 18mm, also sensitive to amikacin 30ez 15 mm, and piperacillin 100ug 15 mm, but only.resistant sa sulfamethioxazole, chlorophenicol, amoxicillin etc. And my papsmear LEUKOCYTES +4, I REPEAT AGAIN THE PAPSMEAR AFTER THIS INFECTION. INFLAMMATORY REACTION SEVERE. I NEED ALSO SUPPOSITORY BUT I NEED TO HAVE MY VAGINA SENSITIVITY TEST B4 I TAKE AGAIN AND AGAIN. ALL THE MEDICINE I TOOK A LOT FROM 2003 UNTIL NOW. IAM NOT HEALEd YET BECAUSE MY HUSBAND IS NOT MEDICATING YET. HE FELT NORMAL, NO SICKNESS.

WHAT CAN I DO TO THIS MATTER? I GET HEALED, BUT WHEN I GOT SEX AGAIN WITH HIM, AGAIN PASS THE MICROBIO. PLS. ADVICE ME ANY INFORMATION EVEN IN MY CELL PLS.


THANK YOU ,
SANDRA

-------------------
Answer:

Hi Sandra.

It sounds like you've been having a difficult time these past few years. From what you wrote, I would say that your doctors are following the proper procedure in dealing with your recurrent urinary tract/genital infections. Since you've probably been taking many antibiotics from 2003 until now, sensitivity testing is crucial in order to pinpoint the appropriate antibiotics. Unfortunately, repeated use of antibiotics guarantees that you have developed resistance to many of them. If you continue having recurrent infections, you will someday run out of sensitive antibiotics. Ceftazidime, amikacin, and piperacillin are available only in intravenous form; there are no tablet forms. My advice is to have yourself treated until the infection is completely eradicated using any of these antibiotics.

Once you are infection-free, it is up to you to avoid contracting further infections. If you think the source is sexual contact with your husband, then at least use a condom and insist that he have himself tested and treated as well. Remind him that untreated genital infections can have long-term complications, such as damage to genital structures, which in turn can cause impotence and sterility.

As for your ecg reading, what you wrote does not give me any concrete information on what the problem is with your heart. That, plus your mention of a lung infection, makes me think that you should really be in a hospital for a few days, to treat the infections and to do further tests on your heart. I hope that you are able to find the financial resources to do all this.

Thank you for your question and good luck to you.
Priscilla D. Sanchez, M.D.
Medical Coordinator
OFWParaSaPamilya.com


--------------------
Submit your thoughts and questions on this topic by simply clicking on the word "comments" just below. Ask questions. Click on Magtanong sa Doktor or Magtanong sa Psychologist. Share your thoughts, feelings and experiences. Stay in touch!

Click here to set an appointment with a psychologist/doctor in the Philippines using our website.
Click to return to website: www.ofwparasapamilya.com

---------------------

No comments:

 
Web Design by WebToGo Philippines